Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I have had a few weeks where I feel like I have been chasing my own tail and not getting any where fast. To those of you who have sent your details for Bear Bear I am sorry I will organise the details this weekend ( which is Luckily a long weekend ).
I got some lovely book today from America . The first one is "The Farmer's Wife Samplers Quilt" by Laurie Aaon Hird and the other one is "The Quilters Alum of Patchwork Patterns" by Jinny Beyer. Although I haven't had a chance to have a good look at them yet. So what I have had a peck at looks yummy. Maybe late with a cup of tea and a Tim Tam ( yummmmmm).

Now I am pleased to show you some of my quilts that I got back from my quilter ( My lovely Uncle Stephen). These quilts have been sitting in that cupboard where things go to hide. Its the when I get to that later cupboard lol. This is a quilt I made 3 years ago and I love the way Stephen has quilted this quilt, have a look at the back it is just as good as the front.



This is a small lap quilt that I made a few years ago as well and I love the swirls that he put on this quilt.


I hope you are all having a great week where every you are and happy sewing.
Big Hugs Bec


7 comments:

  1. Don't worry about us who signed up for Bear Bear to come visit us. We know you are busy with kids and work, and how much all that can be sometimes! I just hope you've had some time for fun in there, too.

    Stephen did a wonderful job with that quilting, and your books look like they will be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that black and red quilt, and I have never seen such beautiful quilting! It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that quilting is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered some books over the last few weeks and I can't remember if I ordered the Farmers Wife or not.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilts look fabulous, what a wondeful uncle you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Plenty to inspire you in those books. Nice quilts and the quilting on the lap quilt is stunning! Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Doesn't matter how long they've been waiting to be quilted - worth the wait, for sure!

    ReplyDelete