Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I have come to the idea that as a parent I am my worst enemy....... DH and my self thought it would be great for the boys to have their own laptops as John is just about to go in to grade 11 next year ( I feel old) and with the homework they both have DH and myself was lucky to get to use one of the two computers in the house.
Now let me just say that for the past 3 years we have been on a Internet plan with Telstra that has been great a few times we have come close to our limit but it always will reset in a day or two. Well on buying these new laptops we told both the boys be careful of the down loads or it will be snail mail for the rest of the month, lets just say that the lovely Nick went through the limit in two days. When asked what he was doing on the computer to go through 12 gbits in 2 days he said " did you know I cam watch tv from all around the world", which would be great if he was catching up on current affairs not cartoons..........
So hence we have been on snail mail for the past few weeks and have been unable to visit any ones blog to see whats new. As for my own I gave up last week and even though it took 1hr to download one photo I had to update it as I have missed you all so much.
Now we are on a better plan and that was a mammoth task in it self and a story for enough day, hate dealing with Telstra at the best of times. So hope you are all having a great week with lots of sewing and laughter
Big Hugs Bec

8 comments:

  1. What a nightmare. Kids! What are you going to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bec , I feel your pain ! I went through all of this recently and bought myself a "stick" mobile , wireless , internet . I hide it and no one else in the family knows I have it . My son used our months allowence on the 2ND of August eeeeeekkk !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bec I've just been through the exact same thingwith the family AND with Telstra .... aaargh!!!! Doesn't it drive ya nuts!!!!??! I'm on a 25gb plan now, but it's costing a lot more :o/. At least now we shouldn't run out of downloads - I hope!!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been there done that and threw a king size wobbly. The joy of technology just never ends. ann...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed you so much on internet, but I know why yet. You have a seriusly problem there. Over here we have never any problem with internet. We can use what we want.
    Love Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi from the Shetland Isles UK. Just came across your blog and will be following it! The quilt up there in your header photo is just fabulous! The colours are wonderful and I love the border. Hope you'll pop over to me at Stitched Up in Sleepy Hollow and maybe follow my blog too.
    Love
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was unable to follow using the button. But I'll try again later. Maybe a Google hitch.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no...hope things get better. Hugs for a great weekend. xoxoox

    ReplyDelete